SW Validation Engineer
The SW HIL Engineer reports to the Software Validation Manager, and works in a cross-functional development group. In this dynamic and demanding environment, your responsibilities will be varied, but always focused on delivering value to customer projects. The pace of work is fast and it is important to be able to work effectively and deliver on commitments. There will be opportunities to learn new skills, mentor others, and develop software validation solutions and strategies.
The SW HIL Engineer has sufficient knowledge and experience to develop test cases and run the tests during software/system development. Also, he/she will work very hard towards automating any and all testing activities, as well as provide sufficient documentation and design descriptions to development and management team(s), as well as customers.
Job Tasks / Responsibilities
- Understand Customer Specific Vehicle High Voltage Battery and Battery Management System
- Understand functional Requirements and flow charts to create system test procedures
- Work with SW validation engineers in the development of test cases
- Compile and deliver Matlab S-functions to development and customer
- Work with BMS designs to model BMS on HIL tester
- Design and maintain Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) systems
- Develop battery plant models using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow
- Manage and Control HIL/Plant models changes across all projects
- Develop test automation within HIL environment, using test executors and automation engines
- Execute tests on Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) System.
- Log and report defects, as well as investigating the root causes of the issues
- Review software design documents and code to understand functionality and debug issues
- Upgrade and maintain test platforms if necessary
- Supports end customer and manufacturing issue resolution
Education and Training:
- B.S in Electrical, Computer Engineering or equivalent (Masters preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to interface well with internal and external customers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as a lead member
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unique and complex
- Ability to proactively suggest improvements in work methodology
- Knowledge of HV Battery Pack & Hybrid/Electric Vehicle operation desired
- Vehicle HEV Battery testing experience desired
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years embedded software verification/validation using HIL
- Strong diagnostic & test background
- In depth experience with automotive CAN communication using Vector Tools (CANoe, CANalyser, CANAPE, etc…)
- Development of HIL plant models in Matlab/Simulink desired·At least 2 years of experience configuring and executing test cases against HIL systems common to automotive (dSpace, National Instruments, etc.)
- Test automation using Python, CAPL and either dSPACE Controldesk/Automation Desk or NI TestStand is required·Familiarity with System/Software Engineering process
- Familiarity with embedded software engineering concepts and basic working knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++ /Assembly / Python
Can you name 3 different types of Software Validation methods?
What items are contained in a Test Case?
What is the difference between a HIL testing and Manual testing and what are the pro’s and Con’s of eachName a few services of the Unified Diagnostic Specification (UDS – ISO14229)?
Full benefits package