Pack/Module Development Manager
Develop and execute Module/Pack mechanical design & development for lithium-ion battery systems. Manage the execution of each pack and/or module development programs for battery system and associated components through properly understanding requirements requested for battery pack & module from customers. Also, to explore and to achieve new customers, development proposal of module and/or pack designs matched with requested requirements from customers. Develop and maintain project-level development timing; Ensure development schedule is identified and work of engineering & design according to timing of each stage of development is executed in a timely manner. Ensure module design is matched with pack system layout according to available space & proper level of manufacturability, design & define interface between other components & vehicle system. Provide weekly reports as to development status to management.
Work with pack part, BMS development part, other components suppliers such as BDU & high/low-voltage wire harness to use suppliers engineering resources & knowledge.
Manage engineers of development, testing & technician to ensure proper level of design verification testing & work allocation to engineer & technician to meet development schedule for execution and to support request from customers & suppliers.Essential Duties
- Proposal of battery module matched with battery pack development with early requirements definition; translate customer performance requirements
- Execute development of battery module and pack, including the incorporation of D-FMEA, requested customers requirements, customer test requirements, and internal LGCMI requirements.
• Work with pack part & technical specialist including parts suppliers.
• Lead the execution of battery module and/ or pack development project-level sequence and timing plans; schedule engineering verification and design fix, design release and ensure engineering & design proceeds per the plan.
• Assist in quality, reliability and failure reporting; drive closed-loop handling of all issues to ensure continuous improvement.
• Lead Technical Design Reviews within LGCMI, with LGCMI affiliated companies, and with customers.
• Develop detailed effort estimates (time and resources), material cost estimates and project proposals.
• Supervision of engineers and designers.
• Train engineers through working experience and use of formal individual development & training plans.Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in automotive product, including development and execution of detailed development plans including design and engineering.
- Working experience with automotive OEM environmental performance specifications (Shock, Vibration, Temperature, Dust, etc.)
- Experience with development procedure & executing project
- Understand requirements of battery performance & test specification includes:
- Environmental (Temperature, Humidity, Vibration/Shock, Moisture)
- Safety of battery system
- Knowledge in standard part manufacturing processes: injection molding, stamping, extrusions, and assembly
- Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, APQP) and development process(PLM or PDM)
- Experience with battery systems, structure of mechanical strength, high-voltage (DC) systems, high-current systems is desirable.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), with ability to discuss technical materials with wide range of audiences.
- Can talk to different level of management and people with different levels of expertise
- Can articulate specifics about development status, can publish daily status reports
- Can clearly describe development proposal, problem descriptions, and knows when and how to seek problem solving
- Self-starter – knows how to get others engaged toward common goals
- Experienced in 8D, AIMS, or other Team-Oriented Problem Solving
- Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Proper handling knowledge of 2D/3D drawings using Solidworks or CATIA
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. / B.A.) in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university required
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering desired