Support Program Management Office by leading cross-functional battery pack development activities from requirements definition through launch. This includes developing and maintaining timing plans, driving open issues to closure, change control management, metrics management, launch support, and customer program meeting support. This also includes internal project management to ensure all design, development, and test milestones are met on-time with high quality by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedules and conducts team meetings; communicates tasks and expectations to project team members.
- Manages the work plan and expected deliverables through daily interaction and updates to the plan.
- Facilitates risk and issue identification and management.
- Accountable for adhering to project governance and stage gating requirements.
- Produces weekly status reports for the project team and stakeholders to ensure project remains on track and within budget.
- Facilitates Change Management activities collaborating with Program Management and cross-functional teams.
- Supports Program Managers and Program Management Office with other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Required: Degree in engineering, finance, business administration, public administration or equivalent degree and/or experience
- 0-2 years of Project Management experience, automotive experience is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage change and priorities and coordinate/realign project resources as necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and MS Project.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to work autonomously and alongside a peer/mentor where necessary.
- Utilize and support project methods, process and toolkit, as well as be an ambassador of the Project Management Office.
- Group facilitation skills, negotiation and ability to influence and drive decisions.
- Ability to articulate project challenges to project stakeholders and Leadership in a timely manner for escalation transparency and guidance.
Required Experience / EducationAbility to facilitate identification and resolution of project risks and issues