Information on LG Chem:
LG Chem is a $20Bn globally diversified chemical company that operates via three main business units: Petrochemicals, IT & Electronic Materials, and Energy Solutions. The company manufactures a wide range of products, from petrochemical goods to high-value added plastics. With significant market share in consumer, automotive and stationary applications, LG Chem is the world’s leading developer and manufacturer of lithium-ion polymer batteries.
Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, LG Chem serves customers in North America and Europe via regional sales and support organizations. In North America this is via LG Chem Michigan Inc. based in Troy, MI. The markets for stationary energy storage systems (ESS) are growing fast driven by the challenges associated with increasing penetration of intermittent renewable generation resources. LG Chem already has a significant share of all three ESS markets in North America: residential; behind-the-meter commercial & industrial (C&I); and large front-of the-meter grid-scale. With its advanced technology, proven products, and commercial strengths LG Chem has the qualifications required to maintain a leading position in each of these growing market segments.
The LG Group has identified ESS as one of the company’s top ten future growth opportunities – and so this represents an opportunity to join a highly successful, global company at a relatively early stage in its growth.
For further details please visit: www.lgchem.com
The Account Manager, Residential is a new position created by LG Chem’s fast-growing penetration of the North American residential battery market. Reporting to the Residential Sales Director (based in CA) the Account Manager will be responsible for supporting marketing, sales, and operational tasks consistent with effective account management as delegated by the Sales Director. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Establishing, maintaining and developing relationships with a large number of distributors, resellers, installers, equipment partners, consultants and market data providers
- Establish effective relationships with key LG Chem personnel based in Korea and within LG Chem Michigan Inc.
- Ensure customers/channel partners/etc. needs are fully understood and that plans are being followed to meet expectations. Identify areas where our support is not meeting expectations and in conjunction with the Sales Director implement a recovery plan.
- Under the direction of the Sales Director, identify opportunities to grow LG Chem’s residential business in NA via new markets, products & partnerships
- Develop an understanding of the NA residential battery market including key markets, supporting legislative initiatives, competitors, and technologies. Become familiar with battery systems and the main elements of an integrated energy storage system.The successful candidate will require an understanding of distribution and/or reseller channel partner sales. He/she must be able to identify clients’ needs, generate solutions and respond to customer requests in a timely manner. This requires the individual to have adequate time management skills and the ability to develop and nurture effective relationships with customers. The role will be within a fast-paced, team-oriented, international business.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be comfortable working within a relatively small North American regional organization with specialized technical and commercial support from LG Chem’s Korea-based associates. Primary responsibilities of the Account Manager, Residential include:
- Timely responses to customer correspondence and in-bound product inquiries
- Review Point of Sale reports and Customer Inventory reports
- Arrange customer/partner meetings as needed
- Provide sales and technical training to product users and customers, via webinars and in-person
- Support customer marketing events
- Actively keep internal and external documentation up to date
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a capital equipment sales role or equivalent, with demonstrated experience in managing customer accounts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and presentation
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in a technical discipline
- Prior experience working with distribution and/or channel partners strongly preferred