Test & Validation Engineer
The Test & Validation Engineer ensures the quality of projects and designs through the execution of validation test plans for lithium-ion battery packs and associated electronic components. The Test & Validation Engineer is the primary coordinator for all aspects of the DVP&R for the programs they are assigned to.
• Assist with early requirements definition; translate customer performance requirements into detailed test plans and procedures
• Develop DVP&R plans, including the incorporation of FMEA test requirements, customer test requirements, and internal LGCPI requirements.
• Assist product engineers with the definition of required device-specific test equipment (test harnesses, functional testers).
• Obtain quotes from outsourced test labs for required testing and issue PO requests for testing services.
• Coordinate project-level DV/PV test sequence and timing plans; schedule tests assets and ensure testing proceeds per the plan.
• Prepare summary test reports; review detailed test reports from test laboratories to ensure test results are properly reported.
• Assist in quality, reliability, and failure reporting; drive closed-loop handling of all issues to ensure continuous improvement and to prevent recurrence of testing process failures
• Support the validation portion of Technical Design Reviews within LGCPI, with LGCPI affiliated companies, and with external customers.
• Assist laboratory technicians during testing (on-site and off-site) with test set-up and execution.
• Order and schedule test articles and interfacing equipment as required.
• Work with validation laboratories and hardware designers to ensure that device-specific support equipment is defined and fabricated in time for test execution.
• Provide daily and weekly summary reports to management for assigned programs.
• Ability to work flexible hours when necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. / B.A.) in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering from a four-year College or University or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum 2 - 4 years of experience with automotive product validation required, including the development and execution of detailed test plans and reports.
• Working experience with embedded electrical/electronics equipment is highly desired.
Bachelors Degree (B.S. / B.A.) from a four-year College or University preferred
Full Benefit Package available