Develop and execute cell Module design & development for lithium-ion battery system. Manage the execution of cell module of each pack or module development programs for battery system and associated components through properly understanding requirements requested for battery pack & cell module from customers. Also, to explore and to achieve new customers, development proposal of cell module of battery system or cell module matched with requested requirements of customers. Develop and maintain project-level development timing; Ensure development schedule of development is identified and work of engineering & design according to timing of each stage of development is executed in a timely manner. Through figuring out cell module which is matched with pack system layout according to available space & proper level of manufacturability, design & define interface between other components & pack system. Provide weekly reports as to development status to management.
Work with pack part, BMS development part, other components suppliers such as BDU & high/low-voltage wire harness to use suppliers engineering resources & knowledge.
Manage engineers of development, testing & technician to ensure proper level of design verification testing & work allocation to engineer & technician to meet development schedule for execution and to support request from customers & suppliers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Tasks / Responsibilities
- Proposal of cell module matched with battery pack development with early requirements definition; translate customer performance requirements
- Execute development of battery cell module, including the incorporation of D-FMEA, requested customers requirements, customer test requirements, and internal LGCMI requirements.
- Work with pack part & technical specialist including parts suppliers.
- Lead the execution of cell module development project-level sequence and timing plans; schedule engineering verification and design fix, design release and ensure engineering & design proceeds per the plan.
- Assist in quality, reliability and failure reporting; drive closed-loop handling of all issues to ensure continuous improvement.
- Lead Technical Design Reviews within LGCMI, with LGCMI affiliated companies, and with customers.
- Develop detailed effort estimates (time and resources), material cost estimates and project proposals.
- Supervision of engineers and designers.
- Train engineers through working experience of development
Required Experience / Education
- Bachelors Degree (B.S. / B.A.) in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering from a four-year college or university required.
- Minimum 6 years experience in automotive product, including development and execution of detailed development plans including design and engineering.
- Working experience with automotive OEM environmental performance specifications (Shock, Vibration, Temperature, Dust, etc)
- Experience with development procedure & executing project
- Understand requirements of battery performance & test specification includes:
- Environmental (Temperature, Humidity, Vibration/Shock, Moisture)
- Safety of battery system
- Knowledge in standard part manufacturing processes: injection molding, stamping, extrusions, and assembly
- Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, APQP) and development process(PLM or PDM)
- Experience with battery systems, structure of mechanical strength, high-voltage (DC) systems, high-current systems is desirable.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), with ability to discuss technical materials with wide range of audiences.
- Can talk to different level of management and people with different levels of expertise
- Can articulate specifics about development status, can publish daily status reports
- Can clearly describe development proposal, problem descriptions, and knows when and how to seek problem solving.
- Self starter – knows how to get others engaged toward common goals
- Experienced in 8D, AIMS, or other Team-Oriented Problem Solving
- Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Proper handling knowledge of 2D/3D drawings using Solidworks or CATIA
Full Benefit Package available