Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports, compiles and maintains accounts payable records, and records payments to customers' accounts and maintains accounts receivable records by performing the following duties. Under direction of theFinance Director, performs professional accounting work, including internal auditing, analyzing and verifying fiscal records and reports, preparing financial and statistical reports, providing information to LG Chem staff regarding accounting practices and procedures, and reconciling general ledger accounts; assists in preparing annual and mid-year budgets; prepares year-end audit reports and schedules; performs related work as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Tasks / Responsibilities
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts; assists in preparing monthly financial statement, including distributing monthly revenue and expenditure reports to departments
- Analyzes and reconciles expenditure and revenue accounts
- Makes wire transfers and journal funding transfers and reconciles monthly bank statements
- Calculates and prepares reimbursement billings and tracks receivables; reconciles monthly accounts receivable
- Prepares audit schedules for external auditors and acts as a liaison between LG Chem and auditors
- Assists in preparing and filing annual financial statements
- Assists with the preparation of the annual and mid-year budgets
- Assists with fixed asset accounting
- Provides training in the use of the LG Chem accounting (SAP) system and assists departmental personnel with budget questions, proper expenditure coding, document processing and other accounting related activities
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
Required Experience / Education
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university required; Masters degree or additional experience (i.e., beyond 4 years) is strongly desired; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications (ERP).
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.