- Assemble high-voltage battery modules and battery packs
- Assemble mechanical and electrical subassemblies
- Perform incoming inspection on purchased parts and assemblies
- Perform basic electrical measurements (e.g., voltage, resistance) on battery components
- Enter data into Excel files or Manufacturing computing systems
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement actions by notifying supervisors and team members of areas of potential improvement, defect reduction, waste reduction, etc.
- Build various subassemblies to print in accordance with assembly diagrams
- Work in conformance to control plans and process sheets
- Perform daily start-up actions and end-of-day close-out actions
- Maintain work area in a organized, clean manner
- Document build progress and issues
- Learn multiple assembly roles, and train others in multiple roles to proliferate best practices and workforce flexibility
- Assist in quality, reliability and failure reporting; drive closed-loop handling of all issues to ensure continuous improvement and to prevent recurrence of product defects.
- Support manufacturing certification efforts, including audits and process reviews.
Required Experience / Education
- Minimum 3 years mechanical and/or electrical subassembly experience, using hand tools, fixtures, jigs, etc.
- Experience with basic electrical/electronics measurement equipment, including multi-meters.
- Experience with computer data entry (e.g., Microsoft Excel, databases)
- Experience with battery systems, high-voltage (DC) systems, and/or high-current systems is desirable.
- Experience with digital data acquisition systems: set-up, programming, troubleshooting is desirable
- Must be able to demonstrate team-oriented performance.
- Occasional overtime or extended shift work may be required, including weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.