Manufacturing Quality Engineer-Contract
MANUFACTURING QUALITY ENGINEER
Purpose - To develop, implement and continually improve quality systems related to manufacturing that
will result in zero defects internally and externally.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
1. Prepare and manage the overall Quality Control Plan in conjunction with reviewing MFG PFMEA and process flow for all steps in the manufacturing process from Incoming material to shipping of finished goods.
2. Prepare and implement Quality Inspection Instructions specific to each work area and product type in
the manufacturing process.
3. Train Quality Inspectors and assembly techs to follow Quality Inspection Instructions.
4. Prepare and perform QMS (Quality Management System) audits to insure that all procedures and work
instructions related to the QMS are adhered to within manufacturing.
5. Lead the investigation of customer non-conformance reports and all responses using the 8D Problem
Solving methodology and related to manufacturing @ LGCPI.
6. Provide technical support for issues related to new products, new customers, and/or qualification of
new equipment and personnel.
7. When required, provide support to Purchasing for evaluation and qualification of new suppliers, or
continuous improvement activities of existing suppliers.
8. Perform random quality checks on shop floor of C/Cs (critical characteristics) as identified by
9. Track and prepare regular reports for internal and external quality performance metrics.
10. Support Engineering in process development, equipment selection, and process flow activities in the
11. Work with customers and suppliers as required to investigate non-conformance issues.
12. Perform any other duties, assignments, or special projects that may be assigned by the
1. Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities related to product, processes, and quality
system. This includes halting the production of any product to correct quality problems.
2. Identify and record any problems related to the product, process, or quality system.
3. Initiate, propose, or provide solutions through designated channels
4. Verify, or participate in the verification of, implemented solutions
5. Control further processing or delivery of non-conforming product until the non-conformity has been
6. Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions related to the Quality System
7. Manage part reject/quarantine material processing and disposition with cross functional teams.
Minimum Education Required
a) Bachelor degree or related field experience
b) Prefer either trained QMS auditor or Green Belt training (not required nice to have)
Minimum Experience Required
a) 3 years’ experience in automotive quality related position (manufacturing environment)
b) 1-2 years in mid to high volume manufacturing environment, electronics or batteries preferred.
Desired Skill Set / Qualifications
1. High level of proficiency with MSOffice applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
2. Ability to read CAD / technical drawings
3. Experience with multi-level bills of material
4. Experience leading problem solving processes and use of basic quality tools
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Understand GD&T and perform stack analysis
7. Ability to work and understand CMM results
8. Understand and follow 5s and red tag follow through