Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer
Position Overview: The Sr Electrical/Electronics Engineer reports to the Sr. Hardware Engineering Manager, and works in a cross-functional development group in design of LGCMI’s Battery Management System (BMS) for multiple customers in both automotive and non-automotive markets. LGCMI’s BMS platform is in production use on multiple global OEM Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV), Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) and pure Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV). In this dynamic and demanding environment, your responsibilities will be varied, but always focused on delivering value to customer projects while working closely with many other parts of our engineering organization. The pace of work is fast and it is important to be able to work effectively and deliver on commitments. There will be opportunities to learn new skills, mentor others, and develop h/w solutions and architecture using the latest tools and technologies while working on the automotive industry’s highest profile vehicle electrification projects.
Specific responsibilities of Electrical/Electronics Engineer include:
- Automotive embedded Microprocessor control circuit development
- Develop circuitry/ schematics and for battery management and related electrical systems.
- Support circuit design and analysis for the BMS.
- Work according to standard automotive product development processes; APQP, DFMEA, Design Review
- Direct PCB layouts for the Battery Management System (BMS).
- Support selection and specification of electrical and electronics components.
- Review documentation (BOM's, lists, schematics, diagrams, sketches, drawings, procedures and notes), supplier documentation and/or data sheets for design feasibility and alternative sources.
- Work with purchasing to resolve component procurement processes. Provide direct advisory support of purchasing operations. Conduct, coordinate, and track EE hardware root cause failure analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Formally release work products (specifications, designs) into use, including appropriate internal and customer-specific sign-off and release steps.
- Perform Technical Design Reviews within LGCMI and with customers. TDRs will be expected at the Concept, Detailed Design, and Production Sign-off stages.
- Support development and execution of test plans for verifying electrical hardware.
- Support the Quality and Reliability efforts (e.g., DFMEA, Robustness Assessments, Key-Life Testing) relative to E/E hardware design and manufacturing.
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering required
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in electronics design and release of control modules (i.e., with embedded SW) for automotive or truck applications, including network and diagnostics (e.g., CAN, GMLAN, LIN, RS323, J1939, ODBII)
- Experience with schematics capture tools.
- Understanding of PCB layout and related design rules for automotive applications
- Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, APQP)
- Experience with major automotive microprocessor families (Freescale, Intel, TI/National)
- Working experience with automotive or commercial truck OEM product release processes strongly preferred, including Engineering Release, PPAP and PSW
Desired Experience and Skills
- Ability to interface well with internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently on a development team
- Experience with high voltage and current (DC) electrical design, for example, interfacing to inverter circuits or using FET’s and IGBT’s for PWM
- Experience working in projects where Functional Safety (ISO 26262) was applied