Lead customer-specific battery pack development programs from requirements definition through launch. This includes customer interface responsibilities for engineering statement of work definition, requirements capture and sign-off, change control management, developing and maintaining timing plans, driving open issues to closure, change control management, metrics management, launch support, and customer program meeting support. This also includes internal project management to ensure all design, development, and test milestones are met on-time with high quality by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Capture critical performance requirements at pre-proposal stage to assist with proposal efforts.
- Schedules and conducts team meetings; communicates tasks and expectations to project team members.
- Fully responsible to manage work plan for multiple projects and expected deliverables through daily interaction and updates to the plan.
- Facilitates risk and issue identification and management.
- Accountable for adhering to project governance and stage gating requirements.
- Produce weekly status reports for the project team and stakeholders to ensure project remains on track, maintains quality, and is within budget.
- Facilitates Change Management activities collaborating with customer and cross-functional teams.
- Participates in and contributes to Program Management Office. Develop, utilize and support project methods, process and toolkit, and act as an ambassador of the Project Management Office and governance within the organization.
Required Experience / Education / Skills:
- Minimum 5 years program/project management experience with motor vehicle programs (automotive, heavy truck). HEV, LEV experience is desirable.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or in Mechanical Engineering with Electrical/Electronics background; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, DFA, DFM, DVP&R, Six-Sigma, APQP and 8D)
- Ability to manage change and priorities and coordinate/realign project resources as necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and MS Project.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Group facilitation and negotiation skills; ability to influence and drive decisions; and identify and resolve project risks and issues.
- Ability to articulate project challenges to project stakeholders and Leadership in a timely manner for escalation transparency and guidance.
Full Benefits Package available